This policy applies to information we collect on this Website and in email, text and other electronic messages between you and RapidCanvas through or regarding this Website. It does not apply to information collected by RapidCanvas offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by RapidCanvas or any third party.
Information Collection and Use
When you use the Website, or when you correspond with RapidCanvas regarding the Website, we will collect or obtain certain personal information from you:
- Personal Contact Information. We collect basic information about you (including your name, telephone number, time zone, type of computer you use and e-mail address) in order to be able to process and notify you about your request, to provide service and support, to operate and improve our business and services, and to communicate with you, including for marketing purposes. For information about updating your communication preferences, please see “Promotional Communications” below. We will share this information with third parties who provide services to us (“Service Providers”) who need it for these purposes. We will not sell or provide this information to a third party for their own marketing purposes unless we obtain your consent.
- Device and Usage Data. We use common information-gathering tools, such as log files, cookies, web beacons and similar technologies to automatically collect information, which may contain details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website (behavioral tracking). We also collect information about your computer and Internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type. For more detailed information, please see “Information Gathering Tools” below.
Legal Basis For Processing In The European Union ("EU")
- The provision of personal data by you may be necessary for the performance of any contractual relationship we have with you;
- where it is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations as set forth in EU law;
- for our legitimate interests (this includes our own legitimate interests and those of other entities and branches in our group of companies) such as the following (provided these are not overridden by your interests and fundamental rights and freedoms):
- a) to contact you and respond to your requests and enquiries;
- b) or business administration, including statistical analysis;
- c) to provide the Website and any services to you; and
- d) for fraud prevention and detection; and
- e) to comply with applicable laws, regulations or codes of practices.
We may also process your personal data on the basis of your consent. You should be aware that you are entitled under Data Protection Law to withdraw your consent where that has been given, at any time. If you do this and we have no alternative lawful reason to process your personal data, this may adversely affect your ability to access and use the Website.
Information Gathering Tools
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related Website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We may contact you with special offers, promotional deals, newsletters, other marketing announcements regarding RapidCanvas and our service offerings. If you wish to opt-out any such promotional communications, simply contact [email protected] or select the “unsubscribe from email” located at the bottom of the email you received from RapidCanvas.
Information Sharing And Disclosure
- Others. RapidCanvas and its Service Providers reserve the right to disclose information about you, including the content of your communications through the Website, in order to: (a) comply with the law or respond to lawful requests or legal process; (b) protect the rights or property of RapidCanvas, its providers, suppliers and licensors or other clients or third parties; or (c) act on a good faith belief that such access or disclosure is necessary to protect the personal safety of RapidCanvas, its providers, suppliers and licensors or other clients or third parties.
RapidCanvas will retain your personal information as needed to (a) fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or obtained, (b) comply with our business requirements or legal obligations, (c) resolve disputes, (d) protect our assets and interests, and (e) enforce our rights and agreements.
For individuals based in the EU or Switzerland, we store personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collect the data, except if required otherwise by law.
Links to Other Sites
The Website contains links to third party sites that are not owned or controlled by us. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. In addition, certain Service Providers may have their own privacy policies that will apply to certain services, as described above.
We take precautions including organizational, technical, and physical measures, to help safeguard against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to, the personal information we process or use. While we follow generally accepted standards to protect personal information, no method of storage or transmission is 100% secure. You are solely responsible for protecting your password, limiting access to your devices, and signing out of websites after your sessions. If you have any questions about the security of our websites, please email us at [email protected].
In the event that RapidCanvas goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your personal information will likely be among the assets transferred. RapidCanvas does not guarantee that any entity receiving such information in connection with one of these transactions will comply with all terms of this policy.
Consent to Transfer and Processing
Consent to Electronic Communications
By using the Website or otherwise providing personal information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically (including by posting a notice on the Website or by sending you an email) regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to such use, including but not limited to notifying you of a security breach.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California law, California residents have the right to request from companies conducting business in California what personal information they share with third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes. RapidCanvas does not disclose your personal information to third parties for the purpose of directly marketing their goods or services to you unless you request such disclosure.
If you have any questions about this, or would like to change your preferences, please see below for information about how to contact us.
For Residents in The EU And Switzerland
If you are located in the EU or Switzerland, you have the following rights in respect of your personal data that we hold:
- Right to object. YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO OBJECT TO ANY PROCESSING BASED ON OUR LEGITIMATE INTERESTS WHERE THERE ARE GROUNDS RELATING TO YOUR PARTICULAR SITUATION. YOU CAN OBJECT TO MARKETING ACTIVITIES FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER.
- Right of access. The right to obtain access to your personal data.
- Right to rectification. The right to obtain rectification of your personal data without undue delay where that personal data is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure. The right to obtain the erasure of your personal data without undue delay in certain circumstances, such as where the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed.
- Right to restriction. The right to obtain the restriction of the processing undertaken by us on your personal data in certain circumstances, such as where the accuracy of the personal data is contested by you, for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of that personal data.
- Right to portability. The right to portability allows you to move, copy or transfer personal data easily from one organization to another.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint to your local data protection authority. Further information about how to contact your local data protection authority is available at http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
If you are under the age of 13, please do not use or access the Website in any way. We will not knowingly collect or use any personal information from any children under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have collected any personal information from children under 13, we will promptly delete such information from our databases.
Changes To This Policy